Friday, January 1, 2021

Ginger Green Smoothie - My Jamba Juice CopyCat


Pretty sure a daily green smoothie is the only thing keeping my husband alive! (...His words, not mine.)  This particular green smoothie has slowly crept onto the entire family's "Favorite List" - starting with me at the beginning of a race weekend...

A few years ago, when we met up in Utah for a long trail race, my sister Nicole insisted I order the “Greens and Ginger” smoothie from the airport Jamba Juice before we headed out.  

I was skeptical -  :0/  GINGER???  

I’ve never been a fan.  Unless it’s in baked goods...

But then I tried it... and oh man!  What can I say?  I don't have the words to describe - but Cindy, my yoga friend, phrased it perfectly:  it is de-lush.

All my kids now ask for it  -  and I regularly make this twice a day to have a spare for myself in the fridge.

Lucky for me  -  the 2020 winter garden "smoothie bed" can finally keep up with amount of kale needed for these green smoothie requests!







Ginger Green Smoothie -  My Jamba Juice CopyCat

If you have a commercial grade blender - layer in this order and blend until throughly mixed.  Keep an extra 1/2 cup of water nearby if mix is too thick to finish blending. 

If you do not have a commercial grade blender, still blend in this order and throughly mix one layer at a time instead of mixing all at once. 


2  cups water 

4  TABLESPOONS  dry lemonade mix  
(OR  USE:   1  lemon, juiced  AND  3  TABLESPOONS  honey)

4  cups washed kales leaves and stems

1/4  cup frozen ginger pieces 

1 to 2 cups frozen mango pieces 

2  cups frozen pineapple pieces 

1/4  cup ground flaxseed 
  



Wash your fresh ginger
- then break into pieces.
Using a paring knife,
flatten the edges of
your ginger pieces
and cut away the peel.


Cut your ginger pieces
into a stackable shape
and then dice into
medium/small chunks.


Fresh on the LEFT.
Frozen on the RIGHT.
It will darken a bit once frozen.




2  cups water 

4  TABLESPOONS  dry lemonade mix  
(OR  USE:   1/2  of a lemon, juiced  
AND  3  TABLESPOONS  honey)

4  cups washed kales leaves and stems



1 to 2 cups frozen mango pieces 


2  cups frozen pineapple pieces 



1/4  cup ground flaxseed 


Cindy, my yoga friend,
phrased it perfectly: 
it is 
de-lush.


This is a true life
before and after photo...
The smoothie shown above was a photo
taken 24 hours before this photo.

If you have leftovers after
blending this recipe up - 
store in the fridge for up to
48 hours.

Be sure to shake or stir
in the water portion
that separates from
the more fibrous part.







Click Link FOR:




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the green smoothie. It was refreshing, super tasty, and hit the spot! I’m glad you posted the recipe I will be trying this at home.

    ReplyDelete