Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Birthday Wish... COME TRUE!

NEW YORK, New York - 12/2021


TO:
 Bret SR.

FROM:  Your Jo

Here you go...  The birthday wish come true!!!  The beginnings of my blog and everything hereafter are dedicated to you.  I love you.  I love cooking for you!  And I love the beautiful life that we have together.  Thank you for being my biggest fan.  And for being the amazing, dedicated and fun father to the rest of my fans!!!




TO:  The rest of you who might happen to actually read my blog (and are not the afore mentioned Bret SR.)

FROM:  Mama Jo

My very handsome and loving husband of 15 years will be posted as Bret SR. as we have our youngest daughter named after him with the exact same spelling.  And since she no longer wishes to be called "Baby Bret", the identification between the two will be established with Bret SR.

Bret SR. and I have been married for a quickly passing 15 years this year (2015).  We have 4 wonderful children who I love to cook for...  They have often talked during meals about me opening a small bakery or restaurant or having a food truck.  Which brings me to the name of this blog.  Mama Jo's is what they all have wanted me to name my food establishment.

So... TA DA!  Thank you kids!  My blog has a name without much effort.  LOVE IT.

On the wall in my kitchen at home I have written "FOOD IS LOVE" surrounded by memories of eating.  Feeding Jerry Man and my husband in the middle of a 209 mile LOTOJA race.  Eating a picnic out of the back of our old Honda Pilot with my littles and Grandma Louise at Craters of the Moon.  Payton munching on watermelon at Aunt Blake's and Uncle Aaron's 4th of July party.  Food is woven into our relationships, histories, traditions and memories.

Food truly is an expression of love when the effort is made to make it wonderful.  This blog will be an addition to that expression of my love to family and friends.  Enjoy!

Love, Jo




Click Link FOR:    Mama Jo's Recipe Blog TABLE OF CONTENTS








No comments:

Post a Comment