Sunday, September 29, 2024

GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR MIX




GLUTEN-FREE  FLOUR  MIX:

3 cups -  RICE FLOUR
1 and 1/2 cups -  TAPIOCA FLOUR
3/4 cup -  POTATO STARCH
1 heaping Tablespoon -  XANTHAN GUM
1/2 Tablespoon sea salt 


Mix throughly and store in an air tight container in your pantry. 

OR, if you don’t use gluten-free flour very frequently, put it in the fridge.

Note:
When using in a recipe as a wheat flour substitute:
 - OMIT up to 1 teaspoon salt.


 ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 




This is my mixing box -

The only ingredient I do not keep in this box at the ready is salt.

Several reasons I keep this box in my baking cupboard:

1 - I can keep an eye on my flour-making-ingredients
and levels so that I do not run out of something. 

2 - It makes making the flour often FAST!






To add to my the convenience of the mixing box, 
I have a 3/4 cup measuring cup as a permanent fixture.

When I'm making my mix it makes it extra EASY!

(4) 3/4 cup measurements of rice flour
(2) 3/4 cup measurements of tapioca flour
(1) 3/4 cup measurements of potato starch

 ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 

I purchase my flours and potato starch
typically at my local Kroger or HEB store. 
When they are not available I hop on
Amazon or an online store called VitaCost




... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 


Click Link FOR:       Mama Jo's Recipe Blog TABLE OF CONTENTS  

No comments:

Post a Comment